Below, you'll find the Fertility Bliss Bowl I shared on Good Morning Washington, along with some really delicious, fertility supporting recipes from fellow RDs. Enjoy!
Fertility Bliss Bowl
This nourishing bowl is packed full of fertility boosting foods and nutrients. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And don't be afraid to switch it up. Feel free to add your favorite veggies or swap out the protein.
Makes 1 serving
- 1 sweet potato, washed and cut into 1/2 cubes
- 2 red cabbage leaves, chiffonaded
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling over finished bowl
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Optional: Top with fermented veggies for a probiotic boost!
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- While your oven is warming up, clean and cut the sweet potatoes
- Place the cut sweet potato into a bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil, toss until all the potato pieces are covered with olive oil
- Add the drained chickpeas to the olive oil and potatoes and toss until the chickpeas are also covered in olive oil
- Spread the chickpea, sweet potato, and olive oil mixture on a baking dish
- Place in the oven once your oven reaches 425 degrees F and bake for 15 minutes
- While the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are baking, chiffonade and slice your veggies.
- At the 15 minute mark, stir the potatoes and chickpeas, making sure to flip the potatoes to the other side. Allow to cook for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Arrange the ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!