Today marks the first day of National Bike Month. May is the month we celebrate this awesome mode of transportation and fun way to stay fit. Biking offers all sorts of benefits to both the rider and the environment. If you are looking for a low impact way to get and stay in shape, look no further.
Benefits of Biking:
- Gets your heart pumping. Biking can be a great way to turn your trek to work or the store into a cardio session.
- Tones your thighs like no other workout in the world. Seriously, have you ever seen the legs on cyclists? Enough said.
- Can save you tons of money: no gas, no parking tickets, and it costs less than a car to buy and maintain.
- Lower carbon emissions. It's better for the environment than driving a car or taking the bus.
- Just plain old fun to do. There is something about feeling the wind against your face and splashing through a puddle that just makes your heart feel lighter.
I haven't taken a ride on my bike since October of last year, but now that Spring is here, I can't wait to hop on. In honor of this month I will be posting maintenance and safety tips, ways to avoid dreaded helmet hair, a review of my bike, and more.